Friday, January 29, 2010

WELCOME!

I have finally entered the blogosphere! At the urging of my darling husband and a few friends, I have broken down... Unfortunately, "I'm Just Sayin'" was already taken, so I chose "Fun with JBunn" instead. Seriously, how many J Bunns can there be? At least it's orginal, right?

I would imagine that most people reading this already know me (in some form or fashion)...if you do not, here is a glimpse into my crazy, wonderful, somewhat-disorganized-but-planned-down-to-every-moment life.

1) I am the eldest child in my family. I have one younger brother. I feel that being the oldest defines me in SO MANY WAYS. (Hence the "planned down to every minute" part of my life).

2) I am married to a fella who is the oldest of three. We are both complete control freaks. Allen and I learn every single day :)

3) When I was young, I had three huge aspirations:
#1--Become a figure skater, and dance/skate my way to fame to this song by Alahnna Myles.
#2--Become a University of Tennesse majorette. I twirled batons from age 7 until my senior year of high school. In case you don't know, UT majorettes are the best of the best. My Papaw (grandfather for any Yankees in the building) went to Tennessee. Nope, I didn't attend UT, but I DO bleed orange.
#3--Marry Jordan Knight of New Kids on the Block fame.

Needless to say, none of those things happened. A couple of really cool things did, though! In 2006, I received a shiny, new degree from Georgia Southern University. In 2007, I moved to Spartanburg, SC and landed an amazing job at United Way of the Piedmont. To be honest, I never intended to enter the "glitz and glam" (HA!) world of fundraising, or "resource development"; it found me. In March 2009, I married Allen.

As Joe Walsh said, "Life's been good to me so far..."

Maybe in the next blog I'll write about the time my father-in-law and I dialed Joe Walsh's cell and hung up on him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment