Monday, February 22, 2010

"Oprah calls it multi-tasking"

I thought of this wonderful movie quote (Sweet Home Alabama, courtesy of Lurlynn) while in the shower this morning...Crest Whitestrips on my teeth, conditioner in my hair, exfoliating scrub on face, shave gel on leg and razor in hand. Will it always be like this?

As I get older, I fell that there is actually LESS time in the day. How does this happen? When I was in high school and college, I felt like I had all the time in the world; like things didn't happen quite quickly enough. Now, I'm lucky to remember to call friends or relatives--unless I'm in the car...multi-tasking.

My 2nd quarter resolution (let's be honest, it's too late for a New Year's Resolution) is to take more time for me. Take a few moments out to call and catch up with friends. Spend 5 quiet moments alone every day or so (WITHOUT the Blackberry). If I can't find the time, I'm sure Oprah has some cool gadget on her list of Favorite Things that will help me to better arrange my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment