Friday, March 5, 2010

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!?



I have had about a dozen experiences this week where I have wanted to say to people....

"Do you UNDERSTAND the words that are coming out of my mouth?"

Have we all forgotten how to communicate? Am I dealing with aliens? I'm just not sure.

Earlier in the week, I had an issue at work with editing our website. I had to deal with tech support types, you know the condescending computer nerds that freak out when they realize you don't understand their lingo and their dumb jargon-y abbreviations. News flash, people: I have a communications degree! Not a freaking degree in computer science. If I knew how to alleviate the problem on my own, I wouldn't put myself through the torture of dealing with an angry tech person! Let's back up and speak plain English. After dealing with four "support" people at three different companies, the problem is now out of my hands. THANK GOD.

Also this week, I received a message on Facebook from a person who shall remain nameless(thanks again, Facebook) and in the message this person said she would love to "ketchup" with me.

And then yesterday I had a conversation with a younger person who also shall remain nameless (only because I don't know who actually reads this stuff). I have noticed, quite often, that when I converse with this person, he/she has a completely blank expression on his or her face. When I ask a question, there is usually a four second delay before a response is ever spoken. Maybe I'm speaking Japanese? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment