Friday, March 26, 2010

Dale Carnegie's words of wisdom

Greetings! I have been so very neglectful of my blog lately, mainly because work has been so hectic! It's the busiest time of the year in the workplace campaign world, and I am certainly struggling to find balance.

By nature, I am a complete worrier. I am almost always worrying about something.

I took a Dale Carnegie course a few months ago. (If you ever get the opportunity to take this course, I highly recommend taking advantage. If nothing else, it will help boost your confidence in ways you could never imagine!) Dale Carnegie was a famous author, speaker and consultant who helped coach people in many ways -- helping them to become better managers, better public speakers, better business people. The course is based off of two wildly popular books written by Dale Carnegie: How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.

Lately, I've been thinking that I need to re-read How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. I found a nice quote from DC that seems to apply today:

It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.


Today, I am praying for good news. Things lately have been tougher than I would prefer, but I know that everything will be okay. Instead of worrying about what may or may not happen, today I will focus on all the positive things that are around me. I'll try to do the same thing tomorrow, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment